Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My First Quilt-A-Long

I joined my first quilt-a-long!!  Kaelin over @  The Plaid Scottie is hosting her first quilt-a-long - - a double wedding ring quilt.  This quilt is a v. daunting task.  This will be my first time using paper piecing.  For those that don't know, paper piecing is a method used to help make blocks with lots of little pieces come together much more precisely ... in other words this quilt has a million little pieces that I will have to cut and sew together!

Here is what a Double Wedding Ring (DWR) quilt looks like:

I'm hoping that by joining the quilt-a-long I will get the motivation I need to stick through this tough-to-make quilt.

My other motivation? Beautiful fabric!!! I decided to go w/the newly coveted Prince Charming fabric by Tula Pink.  

Storm Prince Charming Fat Quarter Bundle Tula Pink for Free Spirit Fabrics             Indigo Prince Charming Fat Quarter Bundle Tula Pink for Free Spirit Fabrics

Prince Charming fabric = Love at First Sight! xo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hobbying Around | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012