Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer 2011 - Sewing Updates I

I can't believe it - I have so much to share that I can make this a multi-part post!!!  And to think that a year ago, I didn't even own a sewing machine!  Crazy times.

Part 1: July Bee Blocks.
So as I mentioned in my post yesterday, I was very busy in July and August -- needless-to-say I got a little  behind in my bees!!  I just got around to making my July bee-blocks  <insert bashful face>.  Luckily they both came together pretty quickly!  I plan to put them in the mail tomorrow!!  Here are the results!


Sew 2 Speak:
This month Melissa asked us to make a block from the Moda Bake Shop - "Sunkissed Squares".

IMAG0058

I have to admit, at first I wasn't that excited to make this block.  I thought that there wasn't much room for creativity  since all the fabrics were picked for us and the pattern is very specific.  Let's me say, though, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I really enjoyed making this!!  I'm thinking that this pattern will go on my list of project ideas for future baby quilts and pillows.  And that my friends, is why I joined a bee - to be exposed to new patterns, fabrics, and ideas!


Twelve Month Quilting Bee:
Cassey asked us to make a string block.  This block has been on my to-make list for a long time.  And the fabrics she sent were so bright and beautiful!  I can't wait to see what this whole quilt looks like all put together!

12 Month Quilting Bee - July String block




Don't you love these colors?? I think this has been my favorite color scheme I have worked on so far during this quilting bee process.

On other bee-related news .... my month to be the "Queen Bee" for Sew-2-Speak is October - which is right around the corner!  This means it is go time for planning!!  I'm thinking I want to have an improv snowflake quilt ... I just put a fabric order in today  so that I can make a test block soon. I can't wait for the goodies to arrive!!  Once more details are clear in my head I will share!

Sewing Updates Part 2 coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blocks! You are right, it is fun to learn and do new blocks, especially ones that you might never bother to make on your own.

    ReplyDelete

 

Hobbying Around | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012