Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My hubby is 28!!!


This is a monumental occasion!! My husband is finally old enough to get married, ha.  I know, I can hear it, "huh??" ... let me explain ....

I met Ben when I was 22 and he was 23. Very early on in our relationship there was a conversation where Ben casually mentioned he was not getting married until he was 28 ....  Now he was a young guy who was making a casual comment ... but I, of course, was a young girl falling in love ... so I obviously went into total panic mode .... "Twenty-eight??? that is 5 years from now!" I called my mom later that day and told her, "Who is he kidding .. I won't wait 5 years to get married! He's crazy!!".... of course then I felt like the crazy one! We had only known each other ~a month ... but I already knew he was someone special!

skip ahead: We ended up getting married just 2.5 years later when Ben was 25 ... but this has continued to be a running joke in our relationship - maybe soon he'll be old enough to get married.

But folks, the day has come - my hubby is now officially old enough to get married. Maybe my parents will have to throw us a 2nd wedding?? maybe we'll have to go on a 2nd honeymoon!! But there should be some amazing celebrating going on for sure!!  What do you think??

    


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hobbying Around | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012